Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available whether you live in Quebec or Ontario, unless indicated otherwise.
At Behaviour Interactive, we believe in giving everyone a fair shot. We embrace a diverse and creative environment where everyone is celebrated. We value folks of all ages, sex, ethnicity, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, civil status, disability, or any other protected characteristics as per applicable law. Basically, we respect and appreciate each other no matter who we are!
If you have a disability and need some help accessing or using our website or application system, just reach out to us. We want your interview experience to be top-notch, so if there's anything we can do to make it more comfortable and positive, let us know at the time of the application.
Midwinter Entertainment is a Behaviour Interactive studio. Founded as an independent game developer in 2016, Midwinter proudly joined Behaviour Interactive in 2022, and we are now working on our next unannounced title. We believe in a culture of playfulness, fearlessness, and respect, and we aspire to create a thriving community that shares in our values, both around our games and in our workplace.
Now part of Behaviour, we are expanding our work locations, offering positions in select locations across the U.S., and Canada. We offer several modes of work (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office) to all our employees, with offices located in Kirkland in the U.S, Montreal, and Toronto in Canada.
Midwinter is looking for a QA Automation Developer to join our talented team. We are a small studio where the impact of your work will be felt in the games that we make.
As a QA Automation Developer you will work on the QA team to implement and improve our automated testing and blueprint functional automated testing in Unreal Engine 5. You will be working with a highly experienced team with a lot of passion and energy, and your work will directly contribute to the success of our yet-to-be-announced project.
In this role you will :
- Work with developers and designers to automate testing, adding new test cases and improve methodologies;
- Collaborate with the QA team providing engineering support on blueprint functional test automation in Unreal Engine 5;
- Analyze automation results, identifying and reporting any issues found;
- Implement test result tracking, reporting, and dashboards;
- Provide live support for teams related to core features, assist in monitoring performance of newly released features;
- Work with development and DevOps to verify daily build health, feature integration and completion during implementation and debugging;
- Document, communicate and train team members on the tools and automation developed;
- Perform other tasks needed to support the team;
- Participate in regular playtest and feedback sessions.
What we're looking for :
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Quality Assurance and/or developing automated / backend solutions.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a software programmer
- Languages: Python, PowerShell, and C++
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle in general and ideally in video games.
- Experience with Unreal Engine and blueprints.
- Experience with development best practices such as source control, continuous integration, unit testing and design patterns.
- Experience with cloud technology and architecture like AWS.
- Good knowledge of perforce and CI systems like Buildkite, Gitlab CI, or Jenkins.
- Enthusiasm for collaborative, cross-discipline work in a warm and friendly environment.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive is the largest Canadian gaming studio, with more than 1,200 employees worldwide. Behaviour is best known for its flagship franchise, the multiplayer survival horror game Dead by Daylight™, which has entertained over 50 million players across multiple platforms. The studio is currently expanding its portfolio of original IP with multiple projects, including the highly anticipated base building and raiding title Meet Your Maker™. Behaviour has also established itself as one of the world’s foremost providers of external development services. The company has partnered with many of the gaming industry’s leaders, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, Netflix, and Take-Two, among many others. Over 30 years, Behaviour has developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture. The company was named one of the Best Places To Work in Canada by GamesIndustry.biz, and has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards. Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has expanded its global presence with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment), and the United Kingdom (Behaviour UK - North and Behaviour UK - South).
See all open positions