Behaviour Interactive is looking for a 3D Environment Artist to participate in the development of its games. The versatile 3D Environment Artist will be required to produce various game elements such as environments and props. The candidate will also be skillful in organic and hard surface modeling and has experience in the production of games on various platforms. The ideal candidate is autonomous and resourceful, with a keen eye for detail, and easily adapts to different styles. The candidate stays up to date with technological developments in the industry.
In this role you will :
- Create the various elements required by the production of the game including textures and materials;
- Ensure optimal game performance by understanding and respecting the technical guidelines and optimizing of artistic elements, while achieving the desired visual quality;
- Communicate with other departments to understand their needs and requirements.
What we're looking for :
- Excellent knowledge of modeling with Autodesk Maya software or relevant experience with a similar software;
- Extensive knowledge of Substance Painter, Substance Designer and Photoshop;
- Experience in asset scrulpting using Zbrush;
- Experience with Unreal Engine;
- Portfolio demonstrating skills in the creation of 3D models, textures, UV unfolding in and lighting;
- Understanding of PBR techniques (physically based rendering) an asset;
- Traditional drawing an asset.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive was founded in 1992 and is Canada’s largest independent game developer and publisher. Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 900 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5 and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed one of the Best Places to Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and many more.
See all open positions