Behaviour is looking for a versatile in-game VFX Artist for an upcoming project. This role will require the candidate to work on all elements needed to bring polish to both UI feedback and in-game environment and actions. Under the guidance of the Art Director and using references created by an illustrator, the VFX Artist will be adding natural and unnatural phenomena FXs, as well as participate in the creation of textured models, scene lighting and post-process. The Artist will need to possess an excellent understanding of color, volume and composition. They must also be able to understand and follow technical restrictions and be able to adhere to tracking tools and the pipeline structure. They enjoy working in a team, sharing tasks and collaborating to the work of other team members. They must be flexible and accept the changes that occur during game production.
In this role, you will:
- Create and integrate in-game UI feedback VFX, all environmental VFX, all characters VFX and all gameplay events VFX;
- Profile all particles and shaders and optimizing them to maximize performance;
- Create and integrating skydomes/boxes;
- Create and managing all post-processes;
- Design and implement static/dynamic lighting and reflection probes for all scenes/levels;
- Create and integrate all cutscene/trailer/quick time events VFX;
- Bring to life both design and art direction visions to flesh out the game experience;
- Help out UI artists with fullscreen visual effects;
- Act as a bridge between design/art/tech to find the best way to implement visual feedback for gameplay mechanics;
- Create flow maps.
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years of experience in the computer graphics industry;
- 2+ years of experience working with Unreal and Maya;
- A strong understanding of particle systems;
- A strong understanding of shaders in general;
- Skilled in 3D polygon modelling, UV mapping, texturing and lighting;
- Passion for VFX and animation in video games;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work within a team;
- Excellent sense of organization and attention to details;
- Knowledge of different game engines an asset.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts nearly 700 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions