As a VFX Artist at Behaviour, you work among our team to create special effect for one of our game. If you want to kick-off your career in the gaming industry and take part in an exciting project, we want to see your portfolio!
In this role you will :
- Create and integrate in-game different type of VfX, such as UI feedback, environmental, characters and gameplay events;
- Profile all particles and shaders and optimizing them to maximise performance;
- Create and integrate sky domes/boxes;
- Creating and managing all postprocesses;
- Design and implement static/dynamic lighting and reflection probes for all scenes/levels;
- Create and integrate all cutscene/trailer/quick time events VFX;
- Bring to life both design and art direction visions to flesh out the game experience;
- Help out UI artists with fullscreen visual effects;
- Act as a bridge between desing/art/tech to find the best way to implement visual feedback for gameplay mechanics;
- Createflow map.
What we're looking for :
- Understanding of particle systems;
- Understanding of shaders in general;
- Skilled in 3D polygon modeling, UV mapping, texturing and lighting;
- Passion for video games;
- Knowledge of Unity or Unreal
To be considered for this internship, you must:
- Submit your portfolio along with your resume;
- Be eligible to work in Canada at the time of your application;
- Be available to work 37.5 hours a week.
Internships dates are flexible, depending on the business needs and the candidate’s availabilities.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive was founded in 1992 and is Canada’s largest independent game developer and publisher. Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 900 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5 and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed one of the Best Places to Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and many more.
See all open positions