We are currently looking for a passionate and team oriented UX designer to join our creative team. As a UX Designer, you will collaborate with the team to envision how players experience our games. You will establish and guide the moment-to-moment gameplay experience and game mechanics. You will work with the team to design intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use interfaces for games in development.
In this role you will :
- Partner with senior leadership to create accessible and engaging experiences;
- Help evangelize the UX game’s vision to the team at large;
- Collaborate with the team to find balanced solutions for players, business, and technical goals;
- Collaborate with game design, tech, and art to deliver innovative, intuitive, and efficient experiences for our players;
- Drive the wireframe creation, HUD, signs, feedback, and prototypes;
- Be an advocate for player experience and ensure our features are aligned with player satisfaction and enjoyment;
- Share UX best practices and principles within the project and studio;
- Work with user research to evaluate the usability of games and assist in turning feedback into actionable items.
What we're looking for :
- Deep Knowledge and application of user-centered design and player behaviour;
- Good critical thinking, problem solving skills, and attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Creative and passionate about games;
- Ability to work through ambiguity and in team environments;
- Familiar with the Adobe Creative Suite and various prototyping tools i.e., Adobe XD, Figma, Sketch;
- Experience as a UX designer in the video game industry or the equivalent;
- Experience working in engine is a plus.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive was founded in 1992 and is Canada’s largest independent game developer and publisher. Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 900 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5 and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed one of the Best Places to Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and many more.
See all open positions