The UX Designer will be responsible for creating and documenting the design of our video games’ menus and interfaces. Well organized and structured, the UX Designer must streamline and communicate the relevant information needed to create the most gratifying gaming experience for our players. This individual will work in close collaboration with the Creative Director, Product Managers, Game Designers, UI Designers, and the Programming Department.
In this role you will :
- Conceive and create user-centric interface layout design, menu flow design and documentation (including wireframes, clickable prototypes etc.);
- Perform critical and very detailed analysis of existing designs and propose improvements or adjustments;
- Pay attention to current trends and developments in Accessibility Design;
- Challenge designers or product managers on new design, features etc.;
- Anticipate long-term UX problems and propose sustainable solutions;
- Complete research and gather data to create the most comprehensive and streamlined experience for the player, while staying in-line with game design intention and graphical and technical requirements;
- Work in close collaboration with the UI, Design, and Programming teams;
- Organize playtests, research, or focus group and analyze data.
What we're looking for :
- At least a first professional UX experience (or equivalent) in the video game industry;
- Strong experience designing UX for videogames;
- Strong knowledge of Adobe XD, Figma or other prototyping software;
- Strong understanding of usability and interface ergonomics;
- Creative, autonomous, ability to adapt to requests;
- Able to work in a multidisciplinary group;
- Able to clearly identify interface strengths and weaknesses;
- Passionate about video games;
- Experience with Unity or Unreal 4 engines is a plus.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive was founded in 1992 and is Canada’s largest independent game developer and publisher. Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 900 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5 and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed one of the Best Places to Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and many more.
See all open positions