The UX Designer will be responsible for creating and documenting the design of Behaviour Interactive games web interfaces. Well organized and structured, the UX Designer must streamline and communicate the relevant information to create the most gratifying user experience. This individual will work in close collaboration with the Product Manager, Art Director and Web Programmer.
In this role you will:
- Participate in the gathering of requirements and goals, and then conceive and create web user-centric interface layout design, menu flow design and documentation (including wireframes, mock-ups, clickable prototypes);
- Critical and very detailed analysis of existing designs and propose improvements or adjustments;
- Leverage web analytics, heatmaps, user flows, and tests, to influence decisions and improve the UX;
- Complete research and gather data in order to create the most comprehensive and streamlined experience on web to reach the objectives, while staying in-line with game design intention, graphical and technical requirements;
- Develop and present creative concepts that display interactive elements and visual overviews;
- Challenge designer or product manager on new design, features;
- Participate in meetings in order to share ideas and knowledge;
- Understand trends and experiment with different forms of user-centric design;
- Maintain current knowledge of web accessibility guidelines and ensure compliancy;
- Work in close collaboration with the Product Manager, Art Director and Web Programmer;
- Able to do user research, benchmarking and data analysis.
What we’re looking for:
- Diploma in Graphic Design or related area;
- 2-5 years UX design experience, with a demonstrated ability to do UX/UI work and create solutions based on business strategy and needs;
- Strong experience designing UX for websites;
- Have a strong understanding of usability, interface ergonomics, wireframing, prototyping, user research and testing;
- Demonstrated experience creating information architectures that support both the site’s content and functionality;
- Strong knowledge of Sketch, Axure, Figma and/or Adobe XD, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator;
- Exhibit strict attention to detail;
- Excellent written, presentation and visual thinking skills;
- Able to work in a multidisciplinary group, in strong collaboration, while also able to work well independently with little supervision;
- Creative, motivated, autonomous, ability to adapt to requests and capable of carrying out several projects simultaneously;
- A passion for resolving user pain points through great design;
- A brain wired for both creativity and analytical thinking;
- Passionate about everything digital and video games;
- Experience on a CMS platform such as WordPress is a plus;
- Bilingual French / English (spoken and written).
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts nearly 700 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions