The role of the Player insight team is to help Behaviour teams (production, marketing, support, etc.) feed and build their decision-making process through user, consumer and market expertise and research protocols using extensive databases (with in-game and external game data).
To ensure the reliability and relevance of their studies, the Player insight team relies on several types of expertise: user testing, data science, game analytics, data engineering, etc.
As part of our team, you will provide in-depth insights into users, consumers and the market to accompany Behaviour’s strategy on its markets for both existing and future products. The User Research Specialist's mission is to help the production and marketing teams of Behaviour Digital take informed decisions and support the development of brands and products on the global market.
In this role you will :
- Prepare, conduct, analyze, and report user tests studies;
- Collaborate with game development, marketing, business, and data teams to convey these insights and accompany brand/game projects in their product and market strategy;
- Contribute to user knowledge diffusion within the studio, feed and inspire the studio teams’ thinking with user-centric practices;
- Remain up to date with user research methodologies and data visualisation trends;
- Select and define the appropriate methodologies, test measures and techniques, and propose relevant tools and approaches to evaluate the players’ experience accordingly with the design intentions and test’s scope;
- Deliver actionable results through a strong insight-driven mindset.
What we're looking for :
- 5+ years experience in User Research;
- Work experience in Video Games/Entertainment/Media sector is a strong plus;
- Master’s degree in social science, psychology, UX design, HCI, marketing, or relevant fields;
- Strong experience with mix-method approaches to answer multifaceted research objectives;
- Experience with conducting remote online research projects;
- Strong ability and willingness to work effectively in a team environment and a capability to work and collaborate remotely;
- Master written and oral communications in English (French is an asset);
- Knowledge of the video games industry is a plus.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 1,000 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5, Call of Duty and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed as one of the Best Places To Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio, cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, 2K and many more.
See all open positions