We are now looking for experienced programmers to design, implement and refine the game experience we provide our users. In this role, you will be an integral part of the development team and will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the different functionalities in craft, optimization and adaptation from a platform to other ones.
In this role you will :
- Code in C++ engine-related items.
- Optimize both memory and performance in systems.
- Diagnose and solve common problems - such as load times, memory usage and performance problems - to improve the robustness of the engine.
- Work closely with cross-discipline teams including programmers, designers, animators, and artists.
- Optimize the code considering that some of our projects will be live and online ones.
- Be an active participant to our code review's process.
What we're looking for :
- 4+ years of experience as a Programmer in the game industry.
- Development experience with Unreal.
- Strong skills in C++ programming and multithreading.
- Experience in many different engineering areas with a special attention given to low-level code and deep optimization.
- Well versed in software engineering principles.
- Strong understanding of how a game engine work and of editor concepts.
- Familiarity with development tools and profiling on modern systems, including PC, and console.
- Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, keeping the right balance between usability, performance, reliability, and power.
- Experience in AI a plus.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive was founded in 1992 and is Canada’s largest independent game developer and publisher. Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 900 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5 and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed one of the Best Places to Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and many more.
See all open positions