The UI Designer will be responsible for the graphical creation and production of the video games’ menus and interfaces. Well organized and structured, the UI Designer must streamline and communicate the relevant information using visual means in order to lead the player through a gratifying gaming experience. This individual will work in close collaboration with the Art Director, the game’s creator, and the Programming department.
In this role, you will :
- Conceive and create the visual content associated with a game’s menus and interfaces;
- Create the menus’ flow, layout, and assets;
- Participate in meetings in order to share ideas and knowledge;
- Complete research and gather data before taking on a new task in order to insure efficient management and reaching the objectives through a proper understanding of the game’s graphical requirements, by having at hand the necessary reference material, and by clearly understanding the artistic direction and the technical requirements;
- Work in close collaboration with the programming team.
What we're looking for :
- Diploma in Graphic Design or related area;
- 2 to 5 years of experience in graphic design (or equivalent), more specifically in the development of interfaces and menu stylization;
- Strong experience designing UI and UX for videogames;
- Master Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash;
- Have a good understanding of typography, color theory, layout design, and animation;
- Creative, autonomous, ability to adapt to requests;
- Able to work in a multidisciplinary group;
- Able to clearly identify interface strengths and weaknesses;
- Passionate about video games;
- Having some knowledge of 3D modeling and web design is considered an asset;
- Experience with the Unity Engine or Unreal4 is a plus.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts more than 800 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions