Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available whether you live in Quebec or Ontario, unless indicated otherwise.
We are looking for a UI programmer to join the Dead by Daylight UI team. Dead by Daylight's UI technology is based both on UMG and Scaleform (using Flash/AS3). All new menus are coded in UMG, and legacy menus are in the process of being actively migrated from Scaleform to UMG. To help us achieve this vision, we are looking for someone whose is both comfortable using UMG and Scaleform.
In this role you will :
- Be a pioneer of, and champion the UMG technology on Dead by Daylight
- Implement complex UI tasks
- Do a lot of investigation on risky tasks with a large amount of unknowns
- Do a lot of debugging and fixing of hard to reproduce complex UI issues
- Do a lot of knowledge sharing and mentoring for the UI team
- Have a good deal of ownership on the UI tech in Dead by Daylight
What we're looking for :
- This is a senior role. You need to be very comfortable with UI programming in games
- You need to know and have very good experience with Unreal/UMG or Flash/AS3 (bonus)
- You need to be possess great communication skills, as you will mentor, share knowledge, and produce documents.
- You need to know C++ very well.
- You are comfortable digging into game engine code to understand core concepts of UI implementations.
- You need to be someone who loves collaborating with other people and other disciplines.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 1,000 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5, Call of Duty and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed as one of the Best Places To Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio, cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, 2K and many more.
See all open positions