As a HTML5 UI Programmer, you will actively participate to the development of our production. In this role, you will have to conceive and implement new HTML5 UI screens and to contribute to improving existing ones. You will have to expand and modify C++ UI bindings in the game but strong C++ knowledge is not a requirement, training will be given if needed..
What will you do?
In this role you will :
- Work hand in hand with UX Designers and Game Designers to iterate on the design and implementation of the UI;
- Ensure that UI implementations and design work well on all supported platforms;
- Write a clear, maintainable and well-documented code;
- Assess and communicate around the possible impacts of a change in the code;
- Participate actively to the code reviews;
- Test carefully the newly implemented features and suggest improvements;
- Develop technical solutions that answer to the game’s needs and to our standards in terms of quality and performance;
- Ensure that all constraints have been taken into account while developing our games.
What we're looking for :
- Knowledge of large specific JS frameworks not required;
- You posses some knowledge of C++ or C# and are looking forward to expend on this knowledge;
- You love solving challenging technical problems with the most effective solution;
- You are able to prioritize, plan, organize your work & time and work within deadlines;
- You have a strong interest and a real enthusiasm for video games and the gaming environment we work in;
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- You are thriving on change and can adapt changing needs and requirements;
- That would be great if you :
- Possess a previous experience with the Coherent UI framework;
- Possess a previous experience working on consoles or mobile UI in HTML5.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts more than 800 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions