The experienced UI Designer will be responsible for the graphical creation and production of the video games’ menus and interfaces. Well-organized and structured, they must streamline and communicate the relevant information using visual means in order to lead the player through a gratifying gaming experience. This individual will work in close collaboration with the Art Director, Creative Director, game designers, programmers and other people in the UI / UX team.
In this role you will :
- Conceive visual content associated with the game’s user interfaces;
- Create the menu flows, HUD layouts, icons and other high-quality assets in line with the UI art direction;
- Iterate on designs according to stakeholder reviews, changing requirements, feedback and user playtests;
- Participate in meetings to share ideas, knowledge, hear feedback, constructively critique and brainstorm solutions with others;
- Export assets, leverage the engine and collaborate with programmers to bring assets to life in-game;
- Complete research to gather data before taking on a new task in order to ensure efficient management of solutions and deadlines;
- Reach design objectives thanks to a 360 understanding of the user interface needs of the game.
What we're looking for :
- 2 to 5 years of experience as a UI Designer (or equivalent) creating interfaces and menus for video games;
- A varied portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of graphic design, layout, motion design, iconography and typography for games;
- Good sense of designing user interfaces that is mindful of player comfort, empathy, UX thinking and accessibility recommendations;
- Knowledge of Figma or willingness to adapt workflow from Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator to Figma
- Creative, collaborative, autonomous, and flexible problem solver with an inclusive attitude;
- Experience with Unreal Engine UMG is a plus
- Familiarity with materials and shaders for UI is a plus
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive was founded in 1992 and is Canada’s largest independent game developer and publisher. Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 900 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5 and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed one of the Best Places to Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and many more.
See all open positions