Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available whether you live in Quebec or Ontario, unless indicated otherwise.
The UI Designer will be responsible for the graphical creation and production of the video games’ menus and interfaces. Well organized and structured, the UI Designer must streamline and communicate the relevant information using visual means in order to lead the player through a gratifying gaming experience. This individual will work in close collaboration with the Art Director, the game’s creator, and the Programming department.
In this role you will :
- Conceive and create the visual content associated with a game’s menus and interfaces;
- Create the menus’ flow, layout, and assets;
- Mentoring juniors in this team;
- Participate in meetings in order to share ideas and knowledge;
- Complete research and gather data before taking on a new task in order to insure efficient management and reaching the objectives through a proper understanding of the game’s graphical requirements, by having at hand the necessary reference material, and by clearly understanding the artistic direction and the technical requirements;
- Work in close collaboration with the programming team.
What we're looking for :
- Diploma in Graphic Design or related area;
- More than 2 years of experience in graphic design (or equivalent), more specifically in the development of interfaces and menu stylization;
- Strong experience designing UI and UX for videogames;
- Master Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash;
- Have a good understanding of typography, colour theory, layout design, and animation;
- Creative, autonomous, ability to adapt to requests; Able to work in a multidisciplinary group;
- Able to clearly identify interface strength and weaknesses;
- Experience with the Unity and Unreal Engine is a plus;
- Only candidates with up-to-date portfolios will be considered.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 1,000 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5, Call of Duty and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed as one of the Best Places To Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio, cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, 2K and many more.
See all open positions