As a Tool Programmer, you will actively participate in the development of our tools and pipelines.
You will have to implement new features and contribute to improving existing ones.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with the leads and other engineers to define tool requirements & specs;
- Debug and optimize your code to ensure optimal performance and quality;
- Assess and communicate the possible impacts of code changes;
- Design and implement technical solutions that answer the team’s needs and meet our standards of quality and performance;
- Carefully test newly implemented features and suggest improvements;
- Actively participate in code reviews;
- Keep updated on the latest technological trends.
What we are looking for:
- You have at least 2 years of experience writing clear and maintainable code;
- You are proficient with C# and familiar with C++;
- You have a strong experience working with WPF (C#);
- You are familiar with the pipeline and tools of Unity3D, Unreal Engine and/or other game engines;
- You appreciate solving challenging technical problems with the most effective solutions;
- You are familiar with continuous integration, package versioning and distribution;
- You have a solid understanding of systems design, user experience and a good algorithmic knowledge;
- You can prioritize, plan and organize your work while respecting deadlines;
- You have good communication and interpersonal skills;
- You are resilient and can adapt to requirement modifications;
- You have a strong interest and a real enthusiasm for video games and the environment we work in;
- Bonus point - Have some experience with Python;
- Bonus point - Are familiar with API architecture, design and documentation;
- Bonus point - Have a previous experience configurating automated builds.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts more than 800 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions