As a Tool Programmer, you will actively participate in the development of our tools and pipelines.
You will have to implement new features and contribute to improving existing ones.
In this role you will :
- Work closely with the leads and other engineers to define tool requirements & specs;
- Debug and optimize your code to ensure optimal performance and quality;
- Assess and communicate the possible impacts of code changes;
- Design and implement technical solutions that answer the team’s needs and meet our standards of quality and performance;
- Carefully test newly implemented features and suggest improvements;
- Actively participate in code reviews;
- Keep updated on the latest technological trends.
What we're looking for :
- You are proficient with Python;
- You are familiar with the pipeline and tools of Unity3D, Unreal Engine and/or other game engines;
- You appreciate solving challenging technical problems with the most effective solutions;
- You are familiar with continuous integration, package versioning and distribution;
- You have a solid understanding of systems design, user experience and a good algorithmic knowledge;
- You can prioritize, plan and organize your work while respecting deadlines;
- You have good communication and interpersonal skills;
- You are resilient and can adapt to requirement modifications;
- You have a strong interest and a real enthusiasm for video games and the environment we work in;
- Knowledge of C# and C++ (Stong plus);
- Familiar with API architecture, design and documentation;
- Have a previous experience with automated tools a plus (Jenkins, etc.);
- Experience with AWS a plus;
- Experience with Amazon Gamelift a plus.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive was founded in 1992 and is Canada’s largest independent game developer and publisher. Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 900 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5 and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed one of the Best Places to Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and many more.
See all open positions