Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available whether you live in Quebec or Ontario, unless indicated otherwise.
As a Technical UI Designer, you develop, document, and support the user interface art pipelines and techniques used on Dead by Daylight. You use visual scripting, Blueprints in Unreal Engine 4, as well as your knowledge of materials, shaders, and animation to bridge the technical, artistic and programming aspects of the game. Well organized and structured, you help streamline and communicate the relevant information using visual means in order to lead the player through a gratifying gaming experience. You also work in close collaboration with gameplay programmers, UI programmers, UI designers, and VFX artists to craft an engaging player experience.
In this role you will :
- Propose innovative solutions to UI technical or artistic challenges and assist in the creation of high quality visuals;
- Optimize pipelines by implementing, developing and introducing efficient production guidelines for UI content;
- Teach pipelines and processes;
- Fix bugs and simplify tech documents;
- Work closely with other developers and designers to create and continually improve UI across the game.
What we're looking for :
- Understanding of shaders creation, animation principles and programming;
- Working knowledge of graphic design, Blueprint, Visual Scripting, Illustrator, Photoshop is an asset;
- UI design experience and attention to detail, as demonstrated in a great looking design portfolio;
- Problem solving and organizational skills;
- Great interaction skills as you will have to coach/teach and clearly communicate your ideas;
- Game engine production experience (ideally Unreal 4) is an asset;
- Experience with motion graphics is a plus.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive is the largest Canadian gaming studio, with more than 1,200 employees worldwide. Behaviour is best known for its flagship franchise, the multiplayer survival horror game Dead by Daylight™, which has entertained over 50 million players across multiple platforms. The studio is currently expanding its portfolio of original IP with multiple projects, including the highly anticipated base building and raiding title Meet Your Maker™. Behaviour has also established itself as one of the world’s foremost providers of external development services. The company has partnered with many of the gaming industry’s leaders, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, Netflix, and Take-Two, among many others. Over 30 years, Behaviour has developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture. The company was named one of the Best Places To Work in Canada by GamesIndustry.biz, and has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards. Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has expanded its global presence with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment), and the United Kingdom (Behaviour UK – North).
See all open positions