Behaviour is looking for a passionate Technical Manager for our Central Development team within our Corporate Technologies group that supports our internal frameworks, tools and services for the production teams. The team you will be managing is our Development team which regroup Backend, Framework & Tools and Web Technologies. The chosen candidate will have to plan & prioritize workload coming from various sources and synchronize with other managers internally and within Behaviour. In this position you will be the direct manager of all the employees within the team and for that reason we're looking for someone who has some technical expertise in that field, but the main skills we're looking for are service-oriented attitude and someone who's driven by putting in place best practises.
In this role you will :
- Lead and manage a team of developers who are building the technologies required for our internal Production;
- Plan workload coming from roadmap and production requests;
- Help estimating time to accomplish tasks and commit to meeting all objectives;
- Coach and guide the development of the team members;
- Plan, organize, follow-up and evaluate the work of the team;
- Actively work with leads and people from other departments: producers, directors, designers and developers;
- Provide help and support with development related tasks when needed.
What we're looking for :
- You have more than 5 years experience leading and managing a team of developers;
- Good knowledge in any public cloud services is important for the role (AWS preferred);
- You've shown capable of working in a service-oriented team;
- You are a detail oriented person and you are able to understand the details of work required to reach goals;
- You are able to prioritize, plan, organize your work & time and work within deadlines;
- You have a strong interest and a real enthusiasm for video games and the gaming environment we work in;
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- You are thriving on change and can adapt changing needs and requirements.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts nearly 700 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions