The Technical Lead Artist is essential to ensure that technology, tools, and processes are in place to achieve a project’s artistic vision. He/she works with the art director and creative team to explain the capabilities and limitations of technology. He/she also brings to the technical team the needs of artists and helps finds multiple solutions to technology-related issues.
In this role you will :
- Acts as a resource person for team members to determine the technical impact of the artistic vision;
- Simplifies production by finding ways to automate tasks and improve processes;
- Develops a set of best practices, solutions, and tools to solve problems;
- Promotes the reuse of know-how and tools on several projects;
- Ensures that the team possesses the technical expertise to perform the work required by the project;
- Seeks to constantly push back the limits of technology;
- Establishes strong communication between creative and technical teams;
- Finds innovative solutions and demonstrates expertise in the field of technical optimization to produce the best possible visual results within the limits of the technological equipment;
- Strong understanding of rendering pipeline to assess the impact on performance;
- Up-to-date knowledge of new technologies related to commercial gaming machines and graphic production software.
What we're looking for :
- Diploma in Fine Arts, Computer Science or Engineering;
- 5 years of experience in 3D modeling, textures, animation, lighting, special effects, and scripts;
- Technical knowledge of real-time 3D graphics as well as digital content creation techniques;
- Knowledge of pre-calculated or real-time lighting;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the video game industry;
- Experience in creating and deploying versions and production processes;
- Good knowledge of Autodesk Maya;
- Knowledge of Substance and Houdini an asset;
- Mandatory experience with Unity (other game engines will be considered an asset);
- Understand rendering hardware on multiple platforms, especially mobile devices, PCs, and current generation consoles;
- Fluent in English and French;
- Understand scripting and programming (C #, Python, Mel, CG, HLSL, C ++ an asset).
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts more than 800 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions