The Technical Lead Artist is the one who ensures that the artistic production processes are respected. In this role, you will constantly collaborate with the Technical art directors. Your expertise and guidance will make decisions that will optimize, maintain, and develop Behavior's artistic pipeline.
Your experience has enabled you to successfully combine art and technique in the context of several productions. Your motivation drives you to seek out the best solutions and you have the leadership required to get others to adopt an optimal production methodology.
In this role you will :
- Understand the vision of artistic technical development;
- Respect the technical constraints governing the artistic production of projects and ensure that the artists have the best tools to comply with;
- Simplify production by automating tasks;
- Propose and supervise the development of best practices, solutions and tools;
- Promote the reuse of resources, know-how and tools;
- Establish strong communication between technical teams;
- Evaluate the impact of the methods used in production;
- Maintain and develop in-house tools;
- Ensure the monitoring, evaluation and update proposals for commercial software used.
What we're looking for :
- Five years of experience in video game tool development as well as good knowledge in the main artistic disciplines ;
- Basic knowledge of technical 3D animation ;
- Curiosity for new software and technological art innovations ;
- Mastery of Python and experience in programming tools required, understanding of the MEL language required ;
- Mastery of Maya software (Blender and 3DS Max an asset);
- Production experience with Unreal and / or Unity mandatory ;
- Understand the rendering process of different platforms ;
- Ability to manage priorities ;
- Fluency in French and English ;
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts more than 800 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions