The Technical Lead Animator is essential to ensuring that the technology, tools and processes are in place to bring a wide variety of characters and objects to life. The Technical Lead Animator works with the artistic director and the creative team to explain the capabilities and limitations of technology to them, as well as with the technical team to put forward artists' needs and find multiple solutions to technological problems. He has a keen eye for observation, a good knowledge of video game production, and can create tools to maintain and increase the efficiency of the animation team.
In this role you will:
- Acts as a resource person for team members to determine the technical impact of the artistic vision of animation;
- Simplify production by finding ways to automate tasks and improve processes;
- Develops a set of best practices, solutions and tools to solve problems;
- Promotes the reuse of know-how and tools on several projects;
- Ensures that the team has the technical expertise to perform the work required in the project;
- Seeks to constantly push the limits of technology;
- Establishes strong communication between the creative and technical teams;
- Finds innovative solutions and demonstrates expertise in the field of technical optimization in order to produce the best possible visual results within the limits of technological equipment;
- Good understanding of the steps and methods of rendering in order to assess the impact on performance;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of new technologies related to commercial game machines and graphics production software.
What we are looking for:
- At least 3 years of experience in the video game industry;
- The Portfolio and CV must demonstrate expertise in Rigging and Skinning as well as a good understanding of the principles of animation;
- Good knowledge of MEL script and Python;
- Good knowledge of human anatomy;
- Expertise with Maya or other equivalent 3D software;
- Ability to work in a team in the context of a production;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Mandatory experience in Unreal (other game engines will be considered an asset);
- Good communication skills;
- Fluency in English and French.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts more than 800 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions