Behaviour is looking for an experienced Technical Game Designer to actively participate in the development of the next wave of PC / Console titles. In this role, you will use your creative and technical skills, in collaboration with other disciplines, to shape gameplay features and systems for a AAA game in development with a renown external partner. This position is within our Montreal-based studio.
In this role you will :
- Provide clear and detailed technical documentation and guidelines to the design team;
- Oversee the production pipeline of features, enforcing technical guidelines and best practices;
- Develop far-reaching and core game features, working with other disciplines to tackle technical challenges;
- Act as the technical expert for all game design related topics, offering guidance, troubleshooting and support to team members;
- Identify the need for improved tools and methods, working with programmers on their implementation and ensuring the smooth deployment to the production team;
- Prototype new gameplay ideas and transition them into game-ready features;
- Debug and optimize yours and other game designers’ work.
What we're looking for :
- 5+ years of relevant experience;
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of game engines;
- Proficient with visual scripting tools (Unreal Blueprints, Unity Bolt);
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Curiosity and ability to learn new technologies quickly;
- Good knowledge of game development pipeline;
- Great attention to detail;
- Experience with performance profiling, optimization and debugging;
- Experience with scripting (Lua, C#, python, etc...) is a plus;
- Experience with prototyping is a plus;
- Having shipped a AAA title is a plus;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English, French is a plus.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts more than 800 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions