Behaviour is looking for a talented Technical Director to work within our Business Solutions team that closes the gap between game production best practises, tools and technologies and world-class clients. The chosen candidate will play a critical role in business development by being the main technical contact for all pitches and also be the main pillar to better define SOW feasibility and scoping definition. Because of the nature of our projects, it's important that the candidate have a wide interest in many different technologies, from engine to backend. It is also expected that the candidate is well-versed in the different processes and technologies used in the game industry. While the candidate doesn't need to be an expert in all those technologies, he needs to be aware of the various challenges brought forwards by those technologies.
In this role, you will:
- Steer and guide the technological decisions across various mandates;
- Make high level design and architecture choices;
- Dictate technical standards, and guide the development team;
- Define the technological strategy with the development team;
- Assess the technical risks and mitigation plans;
- Select the appropriate technologies given the project's constraints;
- Harness others' technical expertise to get the best possible solutions;
- Mentor key technical staff;
- Interview candidates for technical positions;
- Work closely with other directors, leads, and developers to support project and company strategies;
- Act occasionally as a developer to collaborate on high-impact, complex features or Tools.
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience as a Technical Director within the gaming industry;
- At least 8 years of development experience in a similar technology position;
- Experience with Unreal is a requirement and knowledge of Unity a plus;
- Experience with backend development is important for the role;
- Knowledge in the public cloud services is important for the role;
- Ability to self-organize and work very autonomously;
- Ability to cooperate and consult with other directors, leads, and staff;
- Ability to communicate well. Must be able to vulgarize technical concepts for both a technical and non-technical audience;
- Ability to define and break down complex technical mandates and architectures.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts nearly 700 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions