The Technical Artist is essential to ensure that technology, tools and processes are in place to realize the artistic vision of a project. They work with the creative team to explain the capabilities and limitations of the technology, as well as with the technical team to promote the needs of artists and find multiple solutions to technological issues.
In this role you will :
- Act as a resource person for the team members to determine the technical impact of the artistic vision;
- Simplify production by finding ways to automate tasks and improve processes;
- Develop best practices, solutions and tools in order to solve problems;
- Promote the reuse of assets, know-how and tools across multiple projects;
- Ensure that the team has the technical expertise to do the work required in the project;
- Seek to constantly push the limits of technology;
- Establish strong communication between the creative and technical teams;
- Find innovative solutions and demonstrates expertise in the field of technical optimization to produce the best visual results possible within the limits of technology equipment;
- Ensure the synchronization of art related technologies and tools with the Montreal studio.
What we're looking for :
- Degree in Fine arts, Computer science or Engineering;
- 2 years of experience related to 3D modeling, textures, frames, animation, lighting, special effects and scripts;
- Technical Knowledge in real time 3D graphics and digital content creation pipeline;
- Realtime and pre-calculated lighting knowledge;
- Good communication skills;
- Experience in video game industry;
- Understanding of scripting and programming (Python and Mel, materials and shaders, an asset);
- Experience in creating and deploying versions and production processes;
- Experience with commercial 3D tools (Maya, 3ds Max, Substance);
- Mandatory experience in Unreal (other game engines will be considered an asset);
- Understanding rendering hardware on multiple platforms, specifically mobile devices, PC and current generation consoles;
- Fluent in English and French;
- Your portfolio is mandatory with your application.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts more than 800 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions