The Technical Artist is essential to ensure that technology, tools and processes are in place to realize the artistic vision of a project. They work with the creative team to explain the capabilities and limitations of the technology, as well as with the technical team to promote the needs of artists and find multiple solutions to technological issues.
In this role you will :
- Act as a resource person for the team members to determine the technical impact of the artistic vision;
- Simplify production by finding ways to automate tasks and improve processes;
- Develop best practices, solutions and tools in order to solve problems;
- Promote the reuse of assets, know-how and tools across multiple projects;
- Ensure that the team has the technical expertise to do the work required in the project;
- Seek to constantly push the limits of technology;
- Establish strong communication between the creative and technical teams;
- Find innovative solutions and demonstrates expertise in the field of technical optimization to produce the best visual results possible within the limits of technology equipment;
- Ensure the synchronization of art related technologies and tools with the Montreal studio;
- Strong comprehension of the rendering pipeline in order to gauge the impact on performance.
What we're looking for :
- 2 years of experience related to 3D modeling, textures, frames, animation, lighting, special effects and scripts;
- Technical Knowledge in real time 3D graphics and digital content creation pipeline;
- Realtime and pre-calculated lighting knowledge;
- Good communication skills;
- Experience in video game industry;
- Understanding of scripting and programming (Python and Mel, materials and shaders, an asset);
- Experience in creating and deploying versions and production processes;
- Experience with commercial 3D tools (Maya, 3ds Max, Substance);
- Mandatory experience in Unreal (other game engines will be considered an asset);
- Understanding rendering hardware on multiple platforms, specifically mobile devices, PC and current generation consoles;
- Only candidates with up-to-date portfolios will be considered.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive was founded in 1992 and is Canada’s largest independent game developer and publisher. Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 900 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5 and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed one of the Best Places to Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and many more.
See all open positions