Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available whether you live in Quebec or Ontario, unless indicated otherwise.
The Technical Artist is essential to ensure that technology, tools and processes are in place to realize the artistic vision of a project. They work with the creative team to explain the capabilities and limitations of the technology, as well as with the technical team to promote the needs of artists and find multiple solutions to technological issues.
In this role you will :
- Act as a resource person for technical issues related to asset production and to determine the technical impact of the artistic vision;
- Refine, improve, and develop pipelines based on feedback from all departments within the production team;
- Provide hands-on support to artists and programmers regarding asset performance and validation as well as solving technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline;
- Promote the reuse of assets;
- Establish strong communication between the creative and technical teams;
- Find innovative ways to diagnose and resolve in-game problems;
- Develop best practices and documentation on pipelines, tools, scripts, methods, processes, and engine.
What we're looking for :
- 2-5 years of experience as a technical artist on a video game production;
- Working knowledge of UE4;
- Expert understanding of restrictions related to different platforms (Switch™, PS4 etc.);
- Good knowledge of profiling and profiling tools;
- Experience with shaders and pipeline creation;
- Working knowledge of Maya or any other 3D software;
- Experience with the optimization of game assets;
- Knowledge of procedural systems and understanding of dynamic lighting related challenges and/or limitations;
- Knowledge of PBR, VFX support, and lighting;
- Experience creating gyms and simulation features.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 1,000 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5, Call of Duty and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed as one of the Best Places To Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio, cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, 2K and many more.
See all open positions