The Technical Art Lead is the one who ensures that the artistic production processes are respected.
In this role, you will constantly collaborate with the directors and artists of the product developed by the Business Solutions division.
Your expertise and advice will guide the decisions that will achieve the visual quality required by the game.
Your experience has enabled you to successfully combine art and technique in several productions.
Your motivation drives you to seek out the best solutions and you have the leadership required to lead artists to adopt an optimal production methodology.
In this role, you will:
- Understand the artistic vision and determine its development within the current artistic production process;
- Define the technical constraints surrounding the artistic production of the project;
- Simplify production by automating tasks;
- Propose and supervise the development of best practices, solutions and tools;
- Promote the reuse of resources, know-how and tools;
- Establish strong communication between the creative and technical teams;
- Evaluate the impact of rendering methods on performance;
- Suggest choices aimed at respecting the artistic budget of the project.
What we are looking for:
- Five years of experience in 3D modeling, textures, lighting and special effects in video game production;
- Basic knowledge of 3D animation Mastery of pre-calculated and real-time lighting;
- Understanding of Python and Mel languages an asset;
- Mastery of Maya and Substance software (Blender and 3DS Max an asset);
- Production experience with Unreal and / or Unity required;
- Understand the rendering process of different platforms;
- Ability to manage priorities;
- Fluency in French and English.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts nearly 700 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions