The technical animator is the person whose work allows animator to leverage their skills. He/she uses their strong knowledge of rigging and skinning principles to create the structure that animators need to bring characters to life according to design requirements.
The technical animator has the knowledge to create well-thought-of and optimized structures depending on production constraints. He/she shares their experience working with polygonal structures of models to get the best possible deformation and follows up with animators to validate the quality and relevance of their work.
In this role you will :
- Understand the technical development vision in animation;
- Work withing the technical restraints;
- Create rigs and skinning for models with various degrees of complexity;
- Suggest new tools and best practices;
- Reuse resources wherever possible;
- Maintain strong communication with animators and designers;
- Assess the impact of methods used during production;
- Support animators to optimize the integration and use of animations in engine.
What we're looking for :
- Two years’ experience in rigging;
- In-depth knowledge of 3D animation;
- Willingness to explore new software and technical art advances with curiosity;
- Proficiency with Maya animation software;
- Production experience with Unreal or Unity is considered an asset;
- Understanding of AnimGraph systems;
- Experience with motion capture is considered an asset;
- Ability to manage priorities;
- Proficiency in French and English.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts more than 800 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions