Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available for candidates across the UK, unless indicated otherwise.
Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has more than 1,200 employees worldwide with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment) and in the UK (Behaviour UK–North & South). Our Studios in UK are workingon co- and full-development projects across all platforms for Behaviour’s roster of blue-chip clients, which includes Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, 2K and many others.
At Behaviour Interactive, we believe in giving everyone a fair shot. We embrace a diverse and creative environment where everyone is celebrated. We value folks of all ages, sex, ethnicity, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, civil status, disability, or any other protected characteristics as per applicable law. Basically, we respect and appreciate each other no matter who we are!
If you have a disability and need some help accessing or using our website or application system, just reach out to us. We want your interview experience to be top-notch, so if there's anything we can do to make it more comfortable and positive, let us know at the time of the application.
Founded in 1992, Behaviour™ Interactive is a multi-faceted studio renowned for its creation and support of genre-defying video games. Behaviour has enjoyed immense success with its original horror-action multiplayer game, Dead by Daylight™, and holds developer credits on several of the gaming world’s most popular franchises. Behaviour has an unparalleled, award-winning culture that has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and saw the studio recognized as a Best Place To Work by GamesIndustry.biz
The technical animator is the person whose work allows the animator to leverage their skills. In this role, you will use your strong knowledge of rigging and skinning principles to create the structure that animators need to bring characters to life according to design requirements. The technical animator has the knowledge to create well-thought-of and optimized structures depending on production constraints and has worked with polygonal structures of models to get the best possible deformation.
In this role you will :
- Understand the technical development vision in animation;
- Work withing the technical restraints;
- Create rigs and skinning for models with various degrees of complexity;
- Suggest new tools and best practices;
- Reuse resources wherever possible;
- Maintain strong communication with animators and designers;
- Assess the impact of methods used during production;
- Support animators to optimize the integration and use of animations in engine.
What we're looking for :
- Five (5) years of experience in the gaming industry;
- Good knowledge of character rigging including body and facial;
- Expertise in Maya and Unreal Engine;
- A flexible problem solver with an inclusive attitude;
- Scripting skills with leading 3D applications (Maya, Python);
- Experience creating state machines and setting up gameplay logic (blueprint);
- Understanding of animation concepts such as layering, blending etc.;
- Experience working with motion capture pipelines is a plus;
- Willingness to explore new software and technical art advances with curiosity;
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive is the largest Canadian gaming studio, with more than 1,200 employees worldwide. Behaviour is best known for its flagship franchise, the multiplayer survival horror game Dead by Daylight™, which has entertained over 50 million players across multiple platforms. The studio is currently expanding its portfolio of original IP with multiple projects, including the highly anticipated base building and raiding title Meet Your Maker™. Behaviour has also established itself as one of the world’s foremost providers of external development services. The company has partnered with many of the gaming industry’s leaders, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, Netflix, and Take-Two, among many others. Over 30 years, Behaviour has developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture. The company was named one of the Best Places To Work in Canada by GamesIndustry.biz, and has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards. Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has expanded its global presence with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment), and the United Kingdom (Behaviour UK - North and Behaviour UK - South).
See all open positions