Since several work modes are offered to all ouremployees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available for candidates across the UK, unless indicated otherwise.
Founded in 1992, Behaviour™ Interactive is a multi-faceted studio renowned for itscreation and support of genre-defyingvideogames. Behaviour has enjoyed immense successwithits original horror-action multiplayer game, Dead by Daylight™, and holdsdevelopercredits on several of the gaming world’smostpopular franchises. Behaviour has an unparalleled, award-winning culture that has been recognizedwith Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best ManagedCompanyawards and saw the studio recognized as a Best Place To Work by GamesIndustry.biz in 2022.
Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has more than 1,200 employeesworldwidewith studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment) and the UK (Behaviour UK–North).
Based in Middlesbrough, Behaviour UK–North (formerlySockMonkey Studios) works on co- and full-developmentprojectsacross all platforms for Behaviour’sroster of blue-chip clients, whichincludes Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, 2K and manyothers. The studio wasnamed one of the Best Places to Work in the UK by GamesIndustry.biz in 2022. For more information, visitwww.bhvr.com
The technical animator is the person whose work allows the animator to leverage their skills. In this role, you will use your strong knowledge of rigging and skinning principles to create the structure that animators need to bring characters to life according to design requirements.
The technical animator has the knowledge to create well-thought-of and optimized structures depending on production constraints and has worked with polygonal structures of models to get the best possible deformation.
In this role you will :
- Understand the technical development vision in animation;
- Work withing the technical restraints;
- Create rigs and skinning for models with various degrees of complexity;
- Suggest new tools and best practices;
- Reuse resources wherever possible;
- Maintain strong communication with animators and designers;
- Assess the impact of methods used during production;
- Support animators to optimize the integration and use of animations in engine.
What we're looking for :
- Five years experience in rigging;
- In-depth knowledge of 3D animation;
- Willingness to explore new software and technical art advances with curiosity;
- Proficiency with Maya animation software;
- Production experience with Unreal is considered;
- Understanding of AnimGraph systems;
- Experience with motion capture is considered an asset;
- Ability to manage priorities;
- Experience with animation integration and setting up animation blueprints;
- Experience with optimizing is a asset;
- Proficiency in French and English.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive is the largest Canadian gaming studio, with more than 1,200 employees worldwide. Behaviour is best known for its flagship franchise, the multiplayer survival horror game Dead by Daylight™, which has entertained over 50 million players across multiple platforms. The studio is currently expanding its portfolio of original IP with multiple projects, including the highly anticipated base building and raiding title Meet Your Maker™. Behaviour has also established itself as one of the world’s foremost providers of external development services. The company has partnered with many of the gaming industry’s leaders, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, Netflix, and Take-Two, among many others. Over 30 years, Behaviour has developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture. The company was named one of the Best Places To Work in Canada by GamesIndustry.biz, and has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards. Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has expanded its global presence with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment), and the United Kingdom (Behaviour UK – North).
See all open positions