Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available for candidates across the UK, unless indicated otherwise.
Founded in 1992, Behaviour™ Interactive is a multi-faceted studio renowned for its creation and support of genre-defying video games. Behaviour has enjoyed immense success with its original horror-action multiplayer game, Dead by Daylight™, and holds developer credits on several of the gaming world’s most popular franchises. Behaviour has an unparalleled, award-winning culture that has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and saw the studio recognized as a Best Place To Work by GamesIndustry.biz
Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has more than 1,200 employees worldwide with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment) and the UK (Behaviour UK–North).
Based in Middlesbrough, Behaviour UK–North (formerly SockMonkey Studios) works on co- and full-development projects across all platforms for Behaviour’s roster of blue-chip clients, which includes Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, 2K and many others. The studio was named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK by GamesIndustry.biz
in 2022. For more information, visit www.bhvr.com
We are now looking for experienced System Programmers to design, implement and refine the game experience we provide our users. In this role, you will be an integral part of the development team and will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the different basic functionalities in craft, optimization and adaptation from a platform to other ones.
In this role you will :
- Code in C++ engine-related items;
- Optimize both memory and performance in systems that have to scale from high-end to mobile systems;
- Diagnose and solve common problems - such as load times, memory usage and performance problems - to improve the robustness of the engine;
- Work closely with cross-discipline teams including programmers, designers, animators and artists;
- Optimize the game code taking into account that some of our games will be live and online ones;
- Be an active participant to our code review's process.
What we're looking for :
- 3+ years of experience as a Programmer in the game industry;
- Strong skills in C++ programming and multithreading;
- Experience in many different engineering areas with a special attention given to low-level code and deep optimization.
- Well versed in software engineering principles, especially API design;
- Strong understanding of how a game engine work and of editor concepts;
- Familiarity with development tools and profiling on modern systems, including PC, console and mobile;
- Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, keeping the right balance between usability, performance, reliability and power;
- Bonus point - Development experience with Unreal;
- Bonus point - Development experience with Windows.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive is the largest Canadian gaming studio, with more than 1,200 employees worldwide. Behaviour is best known for its flagship franchise, the multiplayer survival horror game Dead by Daylight™, which has entertained over 50 million players across multiple platforms. The studio is currently expanding its portfolio of original IP with multiple projects, including the highly anticipated base building and raiding title Meet Your Maker™. Behaviour has also established itself as one of the world’s foremost providers of external development services. The company has partnered with many of the gaming industry’s leaders, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, Netflix, and Take-Two, among many others. Over 30 years, Behaviour has developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture. The company was named one of the Best Places To Work in Canada by GamesIndustry.biz, and has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards. Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has expanded its global presence with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment), and the United Kingdom (Behaviour UK – North).
See all open positions