Behaviour is seeking a senior network programmer to work on high and low level network features for a new unannounced multiplayer game.
In this role you will :
- Implementing network solutions to ensure connectivity between players in a multiplayer game environment.
- Implementing and/or adapting matchmaking algorithms.
- Adapting the game flow to support various network topology scenarios.
- Implementing server and session management logic.
- Performance and network optimizations.
- Designing and implementing the necessary analytics.
- Implementing various tools to support the networking platforms.
What we're looking for :
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related area.
- Extensive experience with online multiplayer network programming.
- Strong C# skills.
- Experience with Unity is a plus.
- Ability to solve challenging technical problems, with excellent analysis, and rapid deployment of effective solutions.
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative team environment, with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to produce efficient software designs, and to write clear and maintainable code.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and requirements.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize work, manage their own time, and work within deadlines.
- Ability to pay a good attention to details.
- Ability to judge feature quality in relation to other current competing games;
- Good communication skills.
- Passion and enthusiasm for video games.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts more than 800 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions