Behaviour is looking for a talented sound designer that blends artistic sensibility with a strong technical grasp of tools and techniques. The sound designer works with a multi-disciplinary team to create immersive sound fields that enhance and support the player experience. The candidate will join a team of passionate sound designers who live and breath audio and constantly challenge one another to be better.
In this role you will :
- Come up with an audio design appropriate for a section of the game, in collaboration with all stakeholders ;
- Create audio assets for characters, objects and environments, and integrate them ;
- Maintain and update sound event integration into animations ;
- Record various sounds to use in the creation of game assets ;
- Edit voice over recordings ;
- Implement audio in the game ;
- Test and validate audio in the game .
What we're looking for :
- Diploma in sound design, recording or music;
- Experience with the entire production cycle for a video game, from preproduction to live operations ;
- General knowledge of techniques related to sound (recording, mixing, integration, postproduction, foley, SFX, music) ;
- Experience with adding sound to a visual medium ;
- Excellent knowledge of standard audio and game development tools. Unity and Wwise experience is a must ;
- Ability to respect deadlines and adapt to scheduling changes ;
- Ability to work in close collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team ;
- Good organization skills, creative mind, troubleshooting skills;
- Bilingual (English - French) ;
- Passion for video games.
- A portfolio containing sound to picture is required with your application.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts more than 800 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions