Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available for candidates across the UK, unless indicated otherwise.
Founded in 1992, Behaviour™ Interactive is a multi-faceted studio renowned for its creation and support of genre-defying video games. Behaviour has enjoyed immense success with its original horror-action multiplayer game, Dead by Daylight™, and holds developer credits on several of the gaming world’s most popular franchises. Behaviour has an unparalleled, award-winning culture that has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and saw the studio recognized as a Best Place To Work by GamesIndustry.biz
Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has more than 1,200 employees worldwide with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment) and the UK (Behaviour UK–North).
Based in Middlesbrough, Behaviour UK–North (formerly SockMonkey Studios) works on co- and full-development projects across all platforms for Behaviour’s roster of blue-chip clients, which includes Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, 2K and many others. The studio was named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK by GamesIndustry.biz
in 2022. For more information, visit www.bhvr.com
The Senior UI Designer will be responsible for iterating on concepts, delivering high fidelity mock-ups, and bringing visual designs to life in the engine. Well-organized and structured, they must streamline and communicate the relevant information using visual means to lead the player through a gratifying gaming experience. This individual will work in close collaboration with the Art Director, Creative Director, game designers, programmers, and other team members.
In this role you will :
- Establish a consistent and cohesive vision for the presentation of the game interface across the project
- Partner closely with the UX design to ensure form and function work hand in hand
- Drive the visuals from conception, through development, implementation, QA and launch
- Create high fidelity visual comps for game features, HUD, and iconography
- Define, maintain, and propagate design style guides and reference documentation to support a coherent visual experience across the game
- Collaborates with technical designers to ensure visual direction is technically feasible
- Capable in the tool set, can implement example content. Can export assets, leverage the engine, and collaborate with programmers to bring assets to life in-game.
- Contributes and may own pieces of development and maintenance of motion guide or equivalent
What we're looking for :
- 5 to 8+ years of experience as a UI Designer (or equivalent) creating interfaces for video games.
- A varied portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of graphic design, layout, motion design, iconography, and typography for games.
- Good sense of designing user interfaces that is mindful of player comfort, empathy, UX thinking and accessibility recommendations.
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator, After Effects)
- Knowledge of Figma
- Attention to detail and solid organization
- Clear and concise communications style enabling to explain the thought process behind visual design solutions, and rally people around design goals
- Open-minded, friendly, and positive attitude
- Serious passion about gaming
- Experience with Unreal Engine UMG is a plus
- Familiarity with materials and shaders for UI is a plus
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive is the largest Canadian gaming studio, with more than 1,200 employees worldwide. Behaviour is best known for its flagship franchise, the multiplayer survival horror game Dead by Daylight™, which has entertained over 50 million players across multiple platforms. The studio is currently expanding its portfolio of original IP with multiple projects, including the highly anticipated base building and raiding title Meet Your Maker™. Behaviour has also established itself as one of the world’s foremost providers of external development services. The company has partnered with many of the gaming industry’s leaders, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, Netflix, and Take-Two, among many others. Over 30 years, Behaviour has developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture. The company was named one of the Best Places To Work in Canada by GamesIndustry.biz, and has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards. Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has expanded its global presence with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment), and the United Kingdom (Behaviour UK – North).
See all open positions