As a Technical Art Director at Behaviour, you manage and oversee the art production process. You work constantly with the Artistic Director, the Lead Artist, the artists, and the other directors on the project. Your expertise and advice guide the decisions that drive visual quality in our games.
You have a deep understanding of integration and the production pipeline and are able to make technical decisions for all Art related disciplines.
You have worked on several other games, successfully combining the art and technical aspects. You are motivated to find the best solutions, and you have the required leadership to convince artists to adopt an optimal production methodology.
You are also responsible for providing artists with a motivating technical environment, adjusting the production process to achieve quality targets, and sharing and encouraging best practices within your business unit.
In this role you will :
- Understand a project art direction and oversee its development within the current production process ;
- Define the technical constraints of art production in the project ;
- Automate tasks and improve processes to simplify production ;
- Suggest and guide the development of best practices, solutions, and tools ;
- Promote the reuse of resources, know-how, and tools ;
- Constantly push the edge of technology ;
- Foster good communication with the creative and technical teams ;
- Assess the impact of rendering methods on performance ;
- Help assess costs associated with art production ;
- Validate external software used by the different art teams.
What we're looking for :
- 12 years’ experience in 3D modeling, texturing, lighting, and special effects for video games, at least 5 in a technical position;
- Advanced experience with realtime and precalculated lighting;
- Knowledge of Python (CG and HLSL an asset);
- Advanced experience with Maya and Substance (Blender an asset);
- Mandatory production experience with Unreal including blueprint ;
- Understanding of the rendering process in different platforms;
- Ability to manage priorities;
- Fluent in spoken and written French and English.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive was founded in 1992 and is Canada’s largest independent game developer and publisher. Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 900 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5 and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed one of the Best Places to Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and many more.
See all open positions