Behaviour is seeking an experienced Level Designer to join the pre-production of a brand-new asymmetric multiplayer PC project. This person will be responsible for designing systems that produce procedural levels based on proven multiplayer level design principles (flow, signposting, etc.). In addition, they will hand-craft levels in the game’s prototype in the Unreal editor alongside artists to produce the ideal target experience.
Experience with multiplayer design and hands-on implementation skills are required. This person will be expected to receive and address feedback from (among others) the Lead Game Designer, Creative Director, the Producer and other parts of studio direction.
In this role you will :
- Design and document level creation systems and design parameters, iterating on them throughout production;
- Implement levels, tweak blueprints and tune parameters during the prototype phase and beyond;
- Provide feedback and support as a senior member of the design team;
- Communicate the design vision and work directly alongside team members outside the design discipline;
- Provide time estimates, upon request;
- Search for solutions to address client & studio feedback.
What we’re looking for :
- 5+ years of experience in the video game industry;
- Experience designing multiplayer levels;
- Experience implementing levels and gameplay in a 3d tool (Unity, Unreal, etc);
- Experience with procedural systems is a plus;
- Knowledge of current multiplayer gaming trends;
- Knowledge of streaming/broadcasting culture;
- Able and willing to adapt to constant changes;
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal in French and/or in English;
- Superior mastery of English is a must;
- Experience in an independent Studio in the gaming industry is a big asset;
- Involved in the production of at least 2 published games, including live experience.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts nearly 700 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions