Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available whether you live in Quebec or Ontario, unless indicated otherwise.
Behaviour is looking for a level designer to actively participate in the development of a new, narrative-heavy experience. In this role, you will use your creative and technical skills, in collaboration with members of other disciplines, to shape the space and moment-to-moment experience on this cutting-edge product attached to an exciting brand, in development with a renown external partner. This position is within our Montreal-based studio.
In this role you will :
- Create grey block level layouts and place enemies, obstacles, props, rewards, and other interactive triggers as first pass level designs;
- Playtest and refine level layouts, and embrace feedback to ensure the desired experience is met;
- See through the evolution of your levels as they pass through other disciplines, and ensure the level design intentions are respected towards final delivery;
- Establish conventions for level sizes, boundaries, distances, paths, chokepoints, etc.;
- Implement scripted story sequences or events in levels when conditions are met;
- Create compelling camera work highlighting key moments within the experience;
- Provide time estimates as necessary;
- Contribute to and create design support documentation, as necessary.
What we're looking for :
- 5+ years of game industry experience as a level designer;
- Strong understanding of space, flow and pacing;
- Ability to write detailed design documents describing the above;
- Proficient with Unreal Engine and related tools;
- Experience with visual scripting and sequencing tools a plus;
- Ability and willingness to adapt to constant changes;
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal in French and/or in English.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive is the largest Canadian gaming studio, with more than 1,200 employees worldwide. Behaviour is best known for its flagship franchise, the multiplayer survival horror game Dead by Daylight™, which has entertained over 50 million players across multiple platforms. The studio is currently expanding its portfolio of original IP with multiple projects, including the highly anticipated base building and raiding title Meet Your Maker™. Behaviour has also established itself as one of the world’s foremost providers of external development services. The company has partnered with many of the gaming industry’s leaders, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, Netflix, and Take-Two, among many others. Over 30 years, Behaviour has developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture. The company was named one of the Best Places To Work in Canada by GamesIndustry.biz, and has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards. Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has expanded its global presence with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment), and the United Kingdom (Behaviour UK – North).
See all open positions