Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available whether you live in Quebec or Ontario, unless indicated otherwise.
As a Graphics Programmer, you will be part of the development team and be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of various features of graphics rendering and optimization for the game.
In this role you will :
- Write a clear, maintainable, and well-documented code;
- Debug and optimize your code at a low and high level to ensure optimal performance and quality;
- Profile frame to assess bottleneck and implement technical solutions to constantly push performance level;
- Assess and communicate around the possible impacts of a change in the code;
- Participate actively to the code reviews;
- Work within a cross-discipline team on the development of rendering tools and graphics/engine components;
- Provide technical expertise to optimize rendering technologies used at each step of the production process ;
- Keep updated on the latest technological trends.
What we're looking for :
- You write a clear and maintainable code for at least 5 years;
- You have an experience in design and implementation of graphics techniques and detailed knowledge of graphics hardware;
- You possess an experience with contemporary graphics API (Direct 3D, Vulkan) and Shader programming (HLSL);
- You are really comfortable with programming – especially in C++;
- You have a strong understanding of memory management, multithreading and runtime optimization.
- You love solving challenging technical problems with the most effective solution;
- You can prioritize, plan, and organize your work & time and work within deadlines;
- You possess strong math skills - including trigonometry and linear algebra;
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- You are thriving on change and can adapt to changing needs and requirements;
- Bonus point - Have previous experience with custom C++ engines working on ports;
- Bonus point - Have an experience with graphics tools and exporters;
- Bonus point - Have experience developing with Android Native;
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive is the largest Canadian gaming studio, with more than 1,200 employees worldwide. Behaviour is best known for its flagship franchise, the multiplayer survival horror game Dead by Daylight™, which has entertained over 50 million players across multiple platforms. The studio is currently expanding its portfolio of original IP with multiple projects, including the highly anticipated base building and raiding title Meet Your Maker™. Behaviour has also established itself as one of the world’s foremost providers of external development services. The company has partnered with many of the gaming industry’s leaders, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, Netflix, and Take-Two, among many others. Over 30 years, Behaviour has developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture. The company was named one of the Best Places To Work in Canada by GamesIndustry.biz, and has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards. Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has expanded its global presence with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment), and the United Kingdom (Behaviour UK – North).
See all open positions