As a senior Game designer, you are the keeper of the creative vision of the game. You create and elaborate on the core principles of the game. You develop new mechanics and original concepts while staying aware of the technology and the brand in the context of competitive PC games. Your goal: produce an outstanding and unforgettable player experience that keeps players excited and viewers engaged. You are also responsible for ensuring that the development team clearly understands the vision of the game.
In this role you will :
- Provide design vision & documentation to achieve unparalleled gameplay, controls, interface, etc.;
- Provide time estimates, upon request;
- Search for solutions to address client & community feedback and stay on track (budget/scope/timeline);
- Maintain high-quality gameplay that stays within the confines of the brand;
- Ensure that difficulty curves are consistent and appropriate for the type of game and audience;
- Build solid game systems and balance them during the whole life of the product.
- Create & update all game design documentation;
- Create and balance gameplay systems;
- Create & update maps (w/Level )
What we're looking for :
- 5+ years of experience in the video game industry;
- Experience with 3Cs (camera, character, control);
- Experience with combat and multiplayer games;
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal in French and/or in English;
- Experience with Unreal is an asset;
- Experience with prototyping or screening, balancing and game systems, is an asset.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive was founded in 1992 and is Canada’s largest independent game developer and publisher. Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 900 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5 and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed one of the Best Places to Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and many more.
See all open positions