Behaviour Interactive is seeking a talented Sr. Game Designer to work on our next wave of successful F2P titles on mobile platforms. You will work within the design team to conceptualize new features, create desirable content, and provide guidance to a team working an upcoming mobile game based on a popular brand. You will coordinate with the other disciplines of the team and clearly communicate your vision and follow through the implementation of your work into the game and ensure its quality.
Ideally, you have experience in console or mobile game development, a strong understanding of free-to-play design, and a passion for creating fun and exciting experiences for players.
In this role you will :
- Champion new ideas, provide design proposals, write documentation, and implement in-game systems
- Be responsible for different features that touch on multiple kinds of design, including controls, cameras, game systems and balancing
- Deliver on in-game iterations and show demonstrable progress in new builds intended for playtesting
- Participate in team driven features that will require multi-disciplinary roles to support each other, including programmers, artists, etc.
- Bring your skills to assist in creative problem solving and fostering a positive creative environment in your scrum team
- Collaborate with project leadership to deliver on a core vision, unify features, and iterate based on feedback
- Work closely alongside other disciplines, such as Product, Tech, and Art, to deliver a high quality game
What we're looking for :
- A mobile game designer who is versatile and has worked in small to medium teams
- A passion and understanding for the mobile sector
- Someone who can shift from controls to systems, with relative ease, as a strong generalist
- You should have a good understands design fundamentals and should be able to propose improvements to your game
- Should be able to own your features, or understand assigned features, and have sufficient production knowledge and soft skill to support other disciplines in your scrum team
- An open mind, ready to absorb feedback from project leadership during iterations
- Experience working in an agile/scrum methodology with other team members
- Someone able to help junior designers improve and grow
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts nearly 700 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions