Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available whether you live in Quebec or Ontario, unless indicated otherwise.
Behaviour Interactive is seeking a talented Sr. Game Designer to work on our next mobile game. You will work within the design team to conceptualize new features, create desirable content, and provide guidance to a team working on an upcoming mobile game based on a popular brand. You will coordinate with other disciplines in the team, clearly communicate your vision, and follow through with the implementation of your work while ensuring its quality.
Ideally, you have experience in console or mobile game development, a strong understanding of free-to-play design, and a passion for creating fun and exciting experiences for players.
In this role you will :
- Champion new ideas, provide design proposals, write documentation, and implement in-game systems
- Be responsible for different features that touch on multiple design disciplines, including controls, cameras, game systems, and balancing
- Deliver on in-game iterations and show demonstrable progress in new builds intended for playtesting
- Participate in team driven features that will require multi-disciplinary roles to support each other, including programmers, artists, etc.
- Bring your skills to assist in creative problem solving and fostering a positive creative environment in your scrum team
- Collaborate with project leadership to deliver on a core vision, unify features, and iterate based on feedback
- Work closely alongside other disciplines, such as Product, Tech, and Art, to deliver a high-quality game
What we're looking for :
- A mobile game designer who is versatile and has worked in small to medium teams
- A passion and understanding for the mobile sector
- Someone who can shift from controls to systems, with relative ease, as a strong generalist
- Someone who understands design fundamentals in more than one discipline and should be able to propose improvements to your game
- ·You should be able to own your features, or understand assigned features, and have sufficient production knowledge and soft skills to support other disciplines in your scrum team
- We are looking for a Unity specialist
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive is the largest Canadian gaming studio, with more than 1,200 employees worldwide. Behaviour is best known for its flagship franchise, the multiplayer survival horror game Dead by Daylight™, which has entertained over 50 million players across multiple platforms. The studio is currently expanding its portfolio of original IP with multiple projects, including the highly anticipated base building and raiding title Meet Your Maker™. Behaviour has also established itself as one of the world’s foremost providers of external development services. The company has partnered with many of the gaming industry’s leaders, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, Netflix, and Take-Two, among many others. Over 30 years, Behaviour has developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture. The company was named one of the Best Places To Work in Canada by GamesIndustry.biz, and has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards. Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has expanded its global presence with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment), and the United Kingdom (Behaviour UK – North).
See all open positions