Your work creates the bridge between the game and its players. You establish the core actions and interactions of a specific set of systems and define how they are presented in a clear and engaging way. Your hands-on design efforts play a central role in establishing the game's fun factor, directly impacting its potential success.
Your goal: create a coherent and smooth play experience that will provide players fun, delight, and challenge. You work closely with the UX and systems designers to craft excitement through responsive interactions that reflect both the vision and branding of the game. You are also responsible to review, refine, and polish your work all while seeking input from players and teammates alike. The 3Cs Designer reports to the Lead Designer. It is also expected to receive and address feedback from (among others) the Creative Director, the Producer, Product Manager, and other parts of the studio direction.
In this role you will :
- Be the key driver for the design, iteration and optimization of high-quality 3C’s gameplay from conception, prototyping through final product;
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to integrate combat systems and core gameplay loop;
- Provide design vision & documentation for relevant game design systems for the team;
- Cooperate with Level & Systems Designers to further enhance the player experience;
What we're looking for :
- 5+ years of experience with 3+ years as a 3C’s designer in the video game industry;
- Keep abreast of current trends in gameplay and game systems with a strong interest in competitive team games;
- Passionate about games and best practices for games as a service;
- Proficient with Unreal 4.X and Blueprints for scripting and testing purposes;
- Able to communicate knowledge and ideas (flowcharts, feature specs, data reports, etc.) to team members;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (fluent in English);
- Involved in the pre-production, production and post-production phases of at least 3 published games.
- Experience in an established studio in the gaming industry is a big asset;
- Experience developing on multiple platforms (console, PC, and mobile) a plus;
- Versed in various scripting languages (Lua, Python, Perl, etc.) to help data simulation;
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant field to systems design;
- Experience in data analytics and game telemetry.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive was founded in 1992 and is Canada’s largest independent game developer and publisher. Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 900 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5 and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed one of the Best Places to Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and many more.
See all open positions