Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available whether you live in Quebec or Ontario, unless indicated otherwise.
Behaviour Studios is seeking a dynamic Senior Creative Director with experience directing teams of creative developers to create top tier original IP AAA PC/Console games. The selected candidate will have demonstrated the ability to drive teams to create new IP and cutting-edge game experiences within their visionary standards. This includes having overseen these concepts fully through production, managing and influencing the creative directors to deliver on the initial promise, all with a focus on quality.
We are looking for contagious passion, undeniable experience, and a visionary leader.
Working closely with the Executive Producer and other senior discipline management, the Sr. Creative Director is responsible for the quality of all products within their group and their creative health once they go live. The Sr. Creative Director is a coach and advisor to all their Creative Director reports and the entire design family within their group. They ensure their team’s knowledge and skill development is kept current, always on top of the latest trends in all media and best practices. The Sr. Creative Director must have the ability to determine what genres we should be building toward and work with their Creative Directors in ideating new IP within those spaces. They must the skills of their team to sell that vision in all directions, including upward internally, and externally to publishers. Lastly, they must oversee the work of their Creative Directors and all their projects as they take the journey from idea full through to a finished product. They will also be the key “faces” of the group and be called upon to travel to shows or meet publishers to sell their ideas and the value that Behaviour Studios has to offer.
In this role you will :
- Develop new intellectual properties that take into account the most recent market trends and identify franchise and brand extension opportunities;
- Demonstrate a solid business mind for knowing what your group should be creating based on market trends and publisher demands, and how to sell that outwardly;
- Fully understand the capabilities of your group and know how to best leverage those stories to get publishers onboard with the right ideas and proposals;
- Demonstrate “hands-on” leadership by constantly reviewing game builds with the Director level and providing constructive feedback;
- Mentor and train the Creative Directors as well as maintain and keep current on industry knowledge of competitive games, successful genres, market trends and innovative game mechanics.
- Maintain awareness of consumer habits and always have the market in mind;
- Communicate complex creative ideas to a wide and varied audience, from Executives to technical staff, both internally and externally;
- Hire new staff in line with company requirements.
What we're looking for :
- A passionate industry veteran with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in creating original IP game experiences within the PC/Console space;
- Proven track record directing multiple successfully published games based on original IP;
- Possess a dynamic business mindset and PC/Console market expertise;
- A visionary who is ahead of the curve when it comes to market needs and can drive content generation to get publishers on board with your group’s games;
- Incredible ability to effectively pitch game concepts in drawings, writing, verbally and live presentations;
- Demonstrable management experience of industry creatives;
- Proven experience establishing and maintaining project vision through pre-pro, production, and live operation;
- Successful video game history demonstrating solid creativity and innovation skills;
- Relevant experience managing a game development process using standard industry milestones.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 1,000 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5, Call of Duty and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed as one of the Best Places To Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio, cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, 2K and many more.
See all open positions