Behaviour is looking for a talented QA Automation Specialist who will work closely with various teams to ensure our backend services are of the highest quality in functionality and usability. In this position they will be the point of contact for QA teams as well as the backend development team. They will coordinate test efforts and create testing frameworks for developers and ultimately contribute to process improvements in the backend infrastructure. The chosen candidate will be responsible for organizing QA tasks across operations and development, while also ensuring proper communication channels between the team members.
The QA Automation Tester that we’re looking for must be a quick learner and love thinking outside of the box. They must know how to organise workloads efficiently while actively finding ways to reduce toil.
In this role you will :
- Works with backend developers to automate testing, adding new test cases and improve methodologies.
- Provides live support for teams related to core features, assist in monitoring performance of newly released features.
- Works with development and DevOps to verify daily build health, feature integration and completion during implementation and debugging.
- Regularly tests builds as candidates for QA and Demo submissions.
- Assigns bugs in Agile tracker to developers through development cycles.
- Works directly with development on known issues and fine tunes end-user experience.
- Reviews existing documentation from a user perspective, improving content as required.
- Performs load testing, helping to build automated platform.
- Document, communicate and train the developers or other teams on the tools developed.
- Performs other tasks needed to support the backend team.
What we're looking for :
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Quality Assurance and/or developing automated / backend solutions.
- Minimum 2 year of experience on live projects.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle in general and video games in particular.
- Experience with Confluence and Jira by understanding administrative actions and processes.
- Experience with development best practices such as source control, continuous integration, unit testing and design patterns.
- Experience with cloud technology and architecture like AWS or Google Cloud.
- Good knowledge of git and CI systems like Gitlab CI Jenkins, travis CI or Github.
- Ability to design and write efficient and robust distributed backend applications used on an automated system.
- Ability to identify challenges and propose solutions.
- Technologies/Platforms: curl/Postman, any form of testing framework and load testing tools like Tsung, JMeter, artillery.io or Locust.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts nearly 700 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions