Behaviour is seeking a creative, results-driven Public Relations Director to lead our PR team and our brands to new heights. They will be responsible for overseeing the development and execution of various PR campaigns across our portfolio of games, ensuring that our brand image and reputation remain consistent and positive while expanding them to a wider audience. The PR Director will work closely with internal teams and external agencies and will report directly to the Head of Marketing Communications.
To be successful in this role, the Public Relations Director should be an excellent leader with a proven track record of successful game launches and PR strategies and activations. They should be able to work on a full portfolio of games at different stages of their lifecycle.
In this role you will :
- Manage and supervise the PR team, ensuring their growth and development as well as helping them reach our marketing and business goals
- Work closely with the team to plan and execute successful campaigns, ensuring brand consistency and maximizing our presence on various channels
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with international press
- Establish processes to standardize and organize the PR practice within BHVR
- Establish KPIs to evaluate the team’s efforts and communicate their impact into the larger organization
- Help the team focus on storytelling and narrative in their pitches
- Position themselves and the team as reputation experts within the company
- Collaborate with our Corporate Communications team to maximize Behaviour Interactive and our games’ visibility in the press
- Contribute to training our spokespeople
- Address negative press or crises when they occur
- Manage the PR budget.
What we're looking for :
- Bachelors’ Degree in Communication or Public Relations
- 12+ years experience in communication or public relations in the videogame industry
- Solid experience successfully launching games and working on GaaS PR campaigns
- Experience supervising and managing a PR team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Creative thinking with an affinity for innovation and problem-solving
- Strong customer service skills and ability to work well with partners at all levels of the organization
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Strong business acumen
We want to see a wide range of applicants for this role, so if you don't quite meet all of the requirements, please apply anyway!
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 1,000 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5, Call of Duty and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed as one of the Best Places To Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio, cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, 2K and many more.
See all open positions