Behavior Interactive is looking for a creative, proactive and strategic person to fill the position of Public Relations and Events Manager. As part of their duties, the successful candidate will be responsible for showcasing our games, through communication, media relations and events, in order to increase awareness. They will work closely with internal teams and the external agency and will report to the Director of Communications.
In this role you will:
- In collaboration with the external agency, the incumbent will have the following main responsibilities;
- Press relations;
- Development of public relations plans according to the marketing and production calendar, in line with business objectives and budgets;
- Writing and translating press releases and other documents in collaboration with the editor;
- Coordinating with the agency for press relations;
- Press relations for French-speaking and Canadian journalists and certain privileged contacts;
- Response to media requests and organization of interviews with spokespersons;
- Organization of press events;
- Preparation of the weekly and monthly press review;
- Events (in the future);
- Organization of our presence at international and online events in collaboration with the marketing team and external agencies;
- Search for suppliers, negotiation and collaboration;
- Team preparation;
- Representation during the event;
- Support for spokespersons.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in communications or public relations;
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in communications or public relations in a business or agency;
- Strong interest in video games and industry;
- Great autonomy and prioritization skills;
- Highly developed customer service and ease of adaptation to audiences of various hierarchical levels;
- Excellent communication in English and French, both oral and written;
- Important bonus having worked in the video game industry.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts nearly 700 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions