The Project Manager will be responsible for leading and ensuring the development of a multi-platform video game. He/She/They will organize, coordinate and support a multi-disciplinary team through the complete cycle of production, helping with priorities management and milestones.
In this role you will :
- Participate in all planning discussions;
- Maintain JIRA and Confluence tasks;
- Ensure clear communication and comprehension of the game design & development process/deliverables;
- Facilitate clear communication channels across disciplines;
- Maintain the team focused and motivated;
- Drive the team in day-to-day activities such as removing roadblocks and general problem solving;
- Guide the team in achieving high-standard milestone delivery on schedule;
- Collaborate with leads and stakeholders to ensure tasks are correctly scoped, prioritized and that the schedule is updated;
- Communicate and follow-up stakeholder’s expectations for each deliverable;
- Work closely with the team to ensure it focuses on the right priorities throughout the production;
- Keep stakeholders informed of delivery progress, potential risks and roadblocks;
- Help to prepare documents, plans and progress reports.
What we're looking for :
- 3-5 years’ experience in game development;
- Contributed and shipped at least 2 games on a major console or PC;
- Good understanding of all areas of game development (scheduling & resource planning, project management, in-game monetization, technology/programming, art production, QA testing, game design, audio production, staffing, localization);
- Experience working on a mid-core games;
- Experience using Agile development tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc.);Experience coordinating different groups/disciplines and activities;
- Ability to plan and track multiples tasks;
- Ability to learn quickly and able to apply new concepts and processes;
- Know how to identify and escalate risks when necessary;
- Able to work well under pressure;
- Passionate about gaming industry;
- Understand game development steps and processes;
- Very organized;
- Good communication skills;
- Good people management skills;
- Fluent in English and French (spoken and written);
- Be able to adapt from game production to live operations;
- Certified in Project Management (a plus).
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts more than 800 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions