Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available whether you live in Quebec or Ontario, unless indicated otherwise.
At Behaviour Interactive, we believe in giving everyone a fair shot. We embrace a diverse and creative environment where everyone is celebrated. We value folks of all ages, sex, ethnicity, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, civil status, disability, or any other protected characteristics as per applicable law. Basically, we respect and appreciate each other no matter who we are!
If you have a disability and need some help accessing or using our website or application system, just reach out to us. We want your interview experience to be top-notch, so if there's anything we can do to make it more comfortable and positive, let us know at the time of the application.
Behaviour is looking for a Technical Lead to help us consistently develop and deliver the best version of our games.
Together, we always try to find new ways to create a great gaming experience for all our users and we would love for you to be part of this effort!
In this role you will :
- Implement critical modules and take ownership of major systems of the game;
- Develop and/or suggest tools to improve the efficiency of team members;
- Conduct performance, memory profiling and optimizations as needed;
- Conduct peer design and code reviews, and ensure that features are delivered with the highest quality;
- Work with the Technical Director on defining the technical requirements for the project;
- Provide task estimates for major features;
- Get hands-on when necessary to unblock the production in difficult situations;
- Mentor programmers on all aspects of game and software development;
- Work with representatives of all aspects of game production (artists, designers, producers, dev-ops, etc.).
What we're looking for :
- This is a leading role – you have over 6 years of writing clear and maintainable code;
- You have previous experience with Unreal Engine or other game engine;
- You are an excellent programmer, and you are more than comfortable writing C++code;
- You like to solve challenging technical problems with the most effective solution;
- Ideally, you have prior experience in system programming and game engine pipeline;
- Experience with programming online multiplayer games a plus;
- You can prioritize, plan, and organize your work & time and work within deadlines;
- You have a strong interest and a real enthusiasm for video games and the gaming environment we work in;
- You have effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- You thrive on change and can adapt to changing needs and requirements.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive is the largest Canadian gaming studio, with more than 1,200 employees worldwide. Behaviour is best known for its flagship franchise, the multiplayer survival horror game Dead by Daylight™, which has entertained over 50 million players across multiple platforms. The studio is currently expanding its portfolio of original IP with multiple projects, including the highly anticipated base building and raiding title Meet Your Maker™. Behaviour has also established itself as one of the world’s foremost providers of external development services. The company has partnered with many of the gaming industry’s leaders, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, Netflix, and Take-Two, among many others. Over 30 years, Behaviour has developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture. The company was named one of the Best Places To Work in Canada by GamesIndustry.biz, and has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards. Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has expanded its global presence with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment), and the United Kingdom (Behaviour UK - North and Behaviour UK - South).
See all open positions