We are now looking for a Programming Technical Lead to help us develop and constantly recreate the best possible version of Dead by Daylight. You would join and lead - a team where everyone shares a common interest in programming, improving our users’ gaming experience and our games in general. Together we try to find new ways to create a great gaming experience for all our users at all times and we would love for you to be part of this effort.
In this role, you will:
- Implement critical modules of major features of the game;
- Develop and/or suggest tools to improve the efficiency of team members;
- Conduct performance and memory optimizations when necessary;
- Conduct peer design and code reviews, and ensure that features implemented by peers are of top quality;
- Work with the Technical Director on defining the technical needs for the projects;
- Provide tasks estimates for major features;
- Delve when necessary to unblock the production in difficult situations;
- Mentor programmers on all aspects of game and software development;
- Work with representatives of all aspects of a game production (artists, designers, producers, dev ops, etc.).
What we're looking for:
- This is a Senior role – you have more than 6 years writing clear and maintainable code;
- You are a great programmer and you are more than comfortable writing C/C++;
- You love solving challenging technical problems with the most effective solution;
- You ideally have a previous experience in gameplay programming;
- You are able to prioritize, plan, organize your work & time and work within deadlines;
- You have a strong interest and a real enthusiasm for video games and the gaming environment we work in;
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- You are thriving on change and can adapt changing needs and requirements.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts more than 800 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions