Within Business Solutions, we bring our gaming expertise to other domains in order to foster innovation. In this context, we are looking for a Programming Technical Lead to support our technological challenges, mentor the team and develop & encourage best practices on all of our projects.
In this role you will :
- Implement critical modules of major features of the experience/game;
- Develop and/or suggest tools to improve the efficiency of team members;
- Conduct performance and memory optimizations when necessary;
- Conduct peer design and code reviews, and ensure that features implemented by peers are of top quality;
- Work on defining the technical needs for the projects;
- Provide tasks estimates for major features;
- Delve when necessary to unblock the production in difficult situations;
- Mentor programmers on all aspects of game and software development;
- Work with representatives of all aspects of a production (artists, designers, producers, dev ops, etc.).
What we're looking for :
- This is a Senior role – you have more than 6 years writing clear and maintainable code;
- You are a great programmer and you are more than comfortable writing C#/C++;
- You have a previous experience with Unity or a similar game engine;
- You love solving challenging technical problems with the most effective solution;
- You can prioritize, plan, organize your work & time and work within deadlines;
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- You are thriving on change and can adapt changing needs and requirements;
- A previous experience mentoring a team would be considered an asset.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive was founded in 1992 and is Canada’s largest independent game developer and publisher. Celebrating its 30th year, and with more than 900 full-time employees, the studio has enjoyed immense success with its original IP Dead by Daylight, which now has more than 50 million players around the world and across all platforms. Behaviour holds co-developer credits for some of the gaming industry’s largest titles (such as Assassin’s Creed, Gears 5 and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2) and developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture within the gaming industry. Winner of Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and listed one of the Best Places to Work – Canada by GamesIndustry.biz in 2021, Behaviour is a leading development studio cultivating career growth and talent development within the gaming industry. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands, including Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and many more.
See all open positions