Behaviour Interactive is currently looking for a Technical Director to work on one of our games' production. In this role, your main responsibility will be to successfully deliver the new game by managing the technical risks and opportunities, making key design, architecture and implementation decisions with the production team.
In this role, you will:
- Steer and guide the technological ship for the project, and the teams involved;
- Make high level design and architecture choices;
- Dictate technical standards, and guide the development team;
- Define the technological strategy with the development team;
- Assess the technical risks and mitigation plans;
- Select the appropriate technologies given the project's constraints;
- Harness others' technical expertise to get the best possible solutions;
- Mentor key technical staff;
- Interview candidates for technical positions;
- Work closely with other directors, leads, and developers to support project and company strategies;
- Act occasionally as a developer to collaborate on high-impact, complex features or Tools.
What we're looking for:
- Previous experience as a Technical Director at least for one full game cycle, from conception to delivery;
- At least 8 years of game development experience on PC and/or game consoles and/or mobile devices and must have shipped at least 4 titles (or completed at least 4 development cycles);
- Experience with one of PC, Xbox One or PlayStation 4 a requirement - some experience with all three a plus;
- Strong programming skills in C++ or C# a requirement, experience with both a plus;
- Strong debugging skills required;
- notions of assembler and GPU debugging a plus;
- Strong performance analysis skills required, experience with at least one standalone profiler a must;
- familiarity with VTune, WPA/ETW, PIX, Razor and/or use of hardware performance counters a plus;
- Specialized knowledge in graphics, systems, physics, networking, AI, sound or gameplay programming a plus;
- Ability to self-organize and work very autonomously;
- Ability to cooperate and consult with other directors, leads, and staff;
- Ability to communicate well. Must be able to vulgarize technical concepts for both a technical and non-technical audience;
- Ability to define and break down complex technical mandates and architectures.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada's largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer and now boasts more than 800 employees in its Montreal studio. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world's most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more.
See all open positions