Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available for candidates across the UK, unless indicated otherwise.
Founded in 1992, Behaviour™ Interactive is a multi-faceted studio renowned for its creation and support of genre-defying video games. Behaviour has enjoyed immense success with its original horror-action multiplayer game, Dead by Daylight™, and holds developer credits on several of the gaming world’s most popular franchises. Behaviour has an unparalleled, award-winning culture that has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and saw the studio recognized as a Best Place To Work by GamesIndustry.biz
Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has more than 1,200 employees worldwide with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment) and the UK (Behaviour UK–North).
Based in Middlesbrough, Behaviour UK–North (formerly SockMonkey Studios) works on co- and full-development projects across all platforms for Behaviour’s roster of blue-chip clients, which includes Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, 2K and many others. The studio was named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK by GamesIndustry.biz
in 2022. For more information, visit www.bhvr.com
Behaviour Interactive is currently looking for a Technical Director to work on one of our games' production. In this role, your main responsibility will be to successfully deliver the new game by managing the technical risks and opportunities, and making key design, architecture and implementation decisions with the production team.
In this role you will :
- Steer and guide the technological ship for the project, and the teams involved;
- Make high level design and architecture choices;
- Dictate technical standards, and guide the development team;
- Define the technological strategy with the development team;
- Assess the technical risks and mitigation plans;
- Select the appropriate technologies given the project's constraints;
- Harness others' technical expertise to get the best possible solutions;
- Mentor key technical staff;
- Interview candidates for technical positions;
- Work closely with other directors, leads, and developers to support project and company strategies;
- Act occasionally as a developer to collaborate on high-impact, complex features or Tools.
What we're looking for :
- Previous experience as a Technical Director at least for one full game cycle, from conception to delivery;
- At least 8 years of game development experience on PC and/or game consoles and/or mobile devices and must have shipped at least 4 titles (or completed at least 4 development cycles);
- Experience with one of PC, Xbox One or PlayStation 4 a requirement - some experience with all three a plus;
- Strong programming skills in C++ or C# a requirement, experience with both a plus;
- Strong debugging skills required; notions of assembler and GPU debugging a plus;
- Strong performance analysis skills required, experience with at least one standalone profiler a must; familiarity with VTune, WPA/ETW, PIX, Razor and/or use of hardware performance counters a plus;
- Specialized knowledge in graphics, systems, physics, networking, AI, sound or gameplay programming a plus;
- Ability to self-organize and work very autonomously;
- Ability to cooperate and consult with other directors, leads, and staff;
- Ability to communicate well. Must be able to vulgarize technical concepts for both a technical and non-technical audience;
- Ability to define and break down complex technical mandates and architectures.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
About Behaviour Interactive
Behaviour Interactive is the largest Canadian gaming studio, with more than 1,200 employees worldwide. Behaviour is best known for its flagship franchise, the multiplayer survival horror game Dead by Daylight™, which has entertained over 50 million players across multiple platforms. The studio is currently expanding its portfolio of original IP with multiple projects, including the highly anticipated base building and raiding title Meet Your Maker™. Behaviour has also established itself as one of the world’s foremost providers of external development services. The company has partnered with many of the gaming industry’s leaders, including Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, Netflix, and Take-Two, among many others. Over 30 years, Behaviour has developed an unparalleled, award-winning culture. The company was named one of the Best Places To Work in Canada by GamesIndustry.biz, and has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards. Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has expanded its global presence with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment), and the United Kingdom (Behaviour UK – North).
See all open positions